Baba Deep Singh Gurudwara
Gurdwara Baba Deep Singh is situated outside Chatiwind Gate in Amritsar. It celebrates the unrivaled suffering of Baba Deep Singh ji who battled valiantly and dauntlessly alongside a huge number of Sikhs, whom he had broadly set out to cross his line attracted the sand, in 1757 to free Harimandir Sahib from the polluted grips of Afgani intruders. Sardar Jassa Singh Ramgarhia developed a commemoration to the famous saint. In the nineteenth century Akali Phula Singh supplanted the remembrance stage into a heavenly gurdwara. The Shiromani Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee broadened and formed this imperative gurdwara into the present complex in the mid 1920s.
Gurdwara Baba Deep Singh close to the Chativind Gate of the walled city com-memorates the affliction of Baba Dip Singh (q.v.) of the Shahid Misi, who, originating from Damdama Sahib (Talvandi Sabo) in Bathinda area to free the Darbar Sahib, which had been assaulted and defiled by the Afghan intruders, was mortally injured here on 11 November 1757. Jassa Singh (d. 1803) of Ramgarhia misi raised a commemoration stage on the site which was later formed into a gurdwara by Akali Phula Singh (d. 1823). Long under the administration of the relatives of Sardar Karam Singh of Shahid misl, it was given over to the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee in 1924. The encompassing bequest claimed by the relatives of Jassa Singh Ramgarhia was additionally given later to the Gurudwara Shahidganj.